What is SNAP 2020?
SNAP or Symbiosis National Aptitude Test 2020, is one of the most important exams providing entrants a chance to apply to some of the premier B-schools in the country. SNAP Test is the exam required to get admission into Symbiosis MBA colleges like SIDTM in Pune. Most MBA exams have a similar pattern of Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning, and Data Interpretation as the paper’s section. Traditionally, SNAP is an exam that has been testing these along with additional questions as well.
What should you know about SNAP 2020?
SNAP 2020 registrations will open from 23rd September this year. Paper format- This year, SNAP has declared a few changes and a different format for the exam. The paper remains a Computer-based test (CBT) to be taken in online mode, however, the duration, no. of questions per section, and the sections have changed to some extent. Please find a comparison below:
|Particular||SNAP 2019||SNAP 2020|
|Duration||120 min||60 min|
|No. of questions||110||60|
|Quantitative & DI||35||20|
This year, SNAP will be held on three dates, 20th December 2020 (Sunday), 6th January 2021 (Wednesday), and 9th January 2021 (Saturday). Aspirants will get a maximum of 2 attempts from three total days and the best of two performances will be considered for the final percentile. The candidate will be charged an examination fee of Rs. 1750 per exam attempt and Institute Program Registration fee Rs. 1000 per program. The candidate has to decide well in advance if he/she plans to give SNAP once or twice only at the maximum. There is no option to change this later on.
The marking pattern remains the same at +1 for all correct answers and -0.25 for all incorrect answers across all questions/sections.
How to prepare for SNAP 2020?
- Candidates should ensure that they are well prepared to take Computer-based online tests.
- Candidates should prepare and practice in a timed manner as the test is of shorter duration compared to previous exams.
- Candidates should be well-prepared with the LR section as its weightage in terms of questions is higher.
- Candidates should work on overcoming their weak sections by practicing upon them so that they can perform equally well in each section.
What are the important features and dates of SNAP 2020?
- Registration commences on September 23, 2020 (Wednesday)
- Registration Closes on November 28, 2020 (Saturday)
- Admit Card for SNAP will be available to download from 5th Dec 2020
- SNAP Online Test 2020 Dates: December 20, 2020 (Sunday) | January 06, 2021 (Wednesday) and January 09, 2021 (Saturday)
- Test Time (for all dates) 11.00 am to 12.00 noon
- Total Test Cities where SNAP will be held across India 94
- Announcement of the Result will be on January 22, 2021 (Friday)
Students preparing for SNAP -2020 can find additional details of Eligibility, Registration, and Important Dates & Guidelines on www.snaptest.org
Registrations for SNAP 2020 are to commence from September 2020 so candidates must check the website regularly.
All the best!
Triveni Mishra (BlogSoc)
MBA, Batch 2019-2021